Are you an outgoing, confident person who enjoys interacting with people and delighting customers?
Over 5,000 people play Cash Housie every week at our 64 sessions across NSW at our Registered Club Partners including Pittwater, Hornsby, Campbelltown, Blacktown, Bexley and many others.
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic and confident Cash Housie Hosts to be the voice and face of our fun and exciting Charity Housie sessions in Wooloongong.
New to Charity Housie? Here’s a quick run-down…
- Charity Housie is also called Cash Housie and is similar to Bingo.
- It is played with electronic or printed tickets bearing numbered squares.
- Players buy ticket books to play at the start of each session.
- A Housie Caller selects numbers at random which are then announced to the players.
- Each player marks off the numbers on their ticket as they are called.
- A player wins if they can mark off all the numbers on their ticket first. This is called a Full House.
- The main difference to Bingo is that in Charity Housie prizes can be cash, whereas in Bingo prizes can only be non-cash.
- Charity Housie prizes can range from less than $50 to $5,000. The prize values depend on the amount of money raised at the session from ticket sales.
- In NSW, Charity Housie can only be conducted for the purpose of raising money for a charity.
- The benefiting charity must receive at least 12.5% of the proceeds raised from the sale of the Housie books.
- Charity Housie has many regular and devoted players who enjoy it as a social outing as well as the chance of winning.
About Learning Links
Learning Links have been helping families and children with learning difficulties for over 40 years. Learning Links large Charity Housie operations, run from our Registered Clubs Partners in NSW, supports the charitable work of our organisation to provide services to children and their families.
What would I be doing?
- Hosting our Charity Housie sessions. This includes, set-up, selling tickets, paying winners, and finalising the session including recording session details
- Calling sessions with a pleasant, clear, and articulate voice using a microphone
- Interacting positively and courteously with Club Patrons, Club Staff, and your work colleagues
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of our weekly sessions, Housie rules and procedures, and compliance regulations and requirements
- Completing documentation and computer entries.
- A bright and confident personality with exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Impeccable grooming and presentation
- Ability to undertake the physical requirements of the role including the ability to lift up to 15 kilograms
- Ability to work a flexible roster including days, nights, weekends and split shifts
- Current driver’s licence and access to an insured vehicle
- Own laptop with Microsoft Excel and own mobile phone.
- Experience in a Club environment
- RSA & RCG certificates
- Some prior knowledge of Charity Housie activities.
- Previous microphone experience
What we offer
This position offers an attractive hourly rate plus applicable allowances. Learning Links employees receive tax effective salary packaging opportunities (over $15,900) which means you can increase the value of your take-home pay.
Other benefits you can access working with Learning Links include:
- Working for a dynamic and growth orientated not for profit organisation
- Flexible rostering
- Ability to work close to home
- Life/ work balance
How to apply for this role:
Apply online now. For any questions, reach out firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the careers page of our website https://www.learninglinks.org.au/ or our dedicated page here https://www.charityhousie.org.au/.
As part of our pre-employment process, you will be asked to complete a Police Background Check. Learning Links follows government advice regarding COVID-19 vaccination mandates and all staff are required to be fully vaccinated.