Do you want to make a difference in a child’s life?
Learning Links is a not-for-profit charity organization with a 50-year history helping children with learning disabilities and their families thrive and grow. Learning Links was established in 1972 by parents concerned about the lack of appropriate support services to meet their children’s education and wellbeing needs. Since then, we have partnered with thousands of children and families to help children reach their full potential. Our Client Services team include leading practitioners in their field, and we provide multidisciplinary services across psychology, speech therapy, specialist, and early education.
Our belief is that every child deserves the very best opportunity to learn and live a full, rich life, unlimited by circumstance.
Learning Links Preschool has a strong reputation in the local area and sector as one of the first truly inclusive preschools to be established in Australia more than 25 years ago. This is an amazing opportunity for a likeminded person who is passionate about supporting children to thrive and grow to join our highly regarded Exceeding- Rating Inclusive Preschool Program at Peakhurst.
Our dedicated Preschool Director cultivates a supportive, harmonious, inclusive, and fun team culture that has a strengths based focused. We are looking for someone who will bring positivity and enthusiasm to their role and be an active contributor within a team.
We value diversity and inclusion and the unique contribution that every one of our team make.
We operate from 8am-4pm during school terms (with paid school holidays in non-term time!) and provide a high-quality inclusive early childhood program catering for the individual needs of all children from 3 to 6 years and their families.
We can be very flexible for the right candidate and are open to job sharing arrangements or part time work, as well as full-time hours Monday to Friday.
In this role, you will be:
- Developing caring and nurturing relationships with children that reflect their interests and a strengths-based practice.
- Facilitating group time and activities and ensuring rooms and resources are set up and ready to go.
- Writing observations and communicating daily updates to families to keep them invested and involved.
- Supporting families with resources and strategies for learning.
- Using your strong working knowledge of the National Quality Standards, including the EYLF.
- Using exceptional communication skills to connect with and collaborate within the team and suggest improvements.
- Constantly reflecting on and enhancing our inclusive practice.
- Above award salary and not-for-profit salary packaging options that can increase your salary by $5,000 - $6,000/ year.
- 4-6 dedicated professional development days each year â hear from leading experts and keep your practice fresh!
- Chance to work in an Exceeding-Rated Preschool Program.
- High Preschool staff/child ratios (4 staff:20 children) with 2 rooms 41 children per day.
- Support and guidance from a Preschool Director, collaborative Room Leaders, and a highly experienced admin team.
- Focus on WHS and Wellbeing, with access to information and resources on monthly topics each month.
- EAP services including access to career support, manager assistance, mental health and counselling services, nutrition/ diet advice, financial counselling, legal assistance etc.
- ACECQA approved Diploma qualification (or studying towards diploma qualification).
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in an early childhood education setting.
- Understanding of current early education and care legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS.
- Current ACECQA approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis, and asthma certificates.
- Current ACECQA approved Child Protection training.
- Ability to undertake the physical requirements of the role.
- WWCC clearance.
Child safety is top priority for us, and we are a child safe organisation. You will be asked to undergo a police check and show proof of a current Working with Children Check. We also have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy and require all staff to be fully vaccinated (three doses).
We can’t wait to hear from you. Please click on apply and add a cover letter and resume if you would like to make an application to join our team. For further information and a Position Description please visit the careers page of our website www.learninglinks.org.au.