Tutoring with a difference!!!
Click here to learn more about this role: Teacher Recruitment Video 2022 - YouTube
Do you want to keep working with children who need and want your help out of the classroom environment?
Do you enjoy ongoing teacher professional learning in the areas of literacy and numeracy education for children with learning difficulties?
Are you looking flexibility? we offer afterschool and Saturday work to fit around your teaching commitments where you can work from either our offices across Sydney or from your home office space?
Learning Links is the place for you to make a genuine difference in children’s education and expand your teaching skills.
We are recruiting for casual tutoring positions at Bella Vista location for both face to face sessions in our offices and online from our office or from your home.
We have hundreds of children on our waiting lists waiting for services to support their learning and help address the challenges from disrupted learning over the past two years.
Why is Learning Links right for you?
- You will work from your closest office or home office or a block of time without the hassle of travelling to people’s homes in between appointments.
- Your time is spent teaching children, not playground duty, meetings, or extensive programming.
- You will have access to an enormous library of digital and physical resources for teaching literacy and numeracy.
- You will be provided with extensive induction training in assessment, planning and teaching of students with learning difficulties prior to starting and ongoing throughout your employment.
- You will be part of a team of Educational Psychologists, Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists to support children with learning difficulties, having input into the delivery of our services in a new learning centre.
- Opportunities for additional work within the organisation in relation to training for parents, volunteers and teachers can also be available.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications accepted by NSW schools for teaching (primary, high school and/or special education);
- Proficient Teacher NESA Accreditation;
- Experience teaching both literacy (reading, spelling, writing) and mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication & division) across the age ranges;
- Knowledge and/or experience working with children with learning disabilities;
- Current Working with Children Check approval;
- Learning Links requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (2 doses plus booster);
- Ability to work at least on two occasions each week for Learning Links (i.e., one afternoon and a Saturday or two afternoons);
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Commitment to working in partnership with families and other professionals;
- Understanding of assessment, programing, and delivery of evidence-based instruction in literacy and numeracy; and
- Proficient computer skills and access to a laptop computer with internet for home office-based work.
Please register your interest in this position by clicking apply now. For questions, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Child safety is top priority for us, and we are a child safe organisation. You will be asked to undergo a police check and Working with Children Check. Learning Links also follows government advice regarding COVID-19 vaccination mandates. Learning Links requires all staff to be fully vaccinated to ensure programs can continue to be delivered safely at our centres and schools.
Use your teaching skills and be a part of an organisation changing the future for children and adolescents with learning difficulties.