Learning Links is a not-for-profit charity organisation with a 50-year history helping children with learning disabilities and their families thrive and grow.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Certificate III Qualified Early Childhood Educator to join our highly regarded Excellent-Rated Inclusive Preschool Program at Peakhurst. Learning Links Preschool has a strong reputation in the local area and sector as one of the first truly inclusive preschools to be established in Australia more than 25 years ago.
We operate from 8am-4pm during school terms and provide a high-quality inclusive early childhood program catering for the individual needs of all children from 3 to 6 years and their families.
Join our professional team of experienced and committed teachers, educators and therapists to support the meaningful inclusion of all children into the Preschool.
In this role, you will be:
- Developing strong relationships with children reflecting child focused and strengths based practice.
- Developing strong relationships that support and partner with families.
- Implementing best practice as per the Education and Care Services National Regulation and Law and the Early Years Learning Framework curriculum.
- Implementing the policies and procedures of Learning Links at all times.
- Working collaboratively with other staff towards continuous improvement in all aspects of the service’s operations.
- Demonstrating effective interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with all stakeholders.
- Flexibility and choice of casual hours and days (work ad hoc, part time or up to full time hours!).
- Option to convert to permanent in the future.
- Supportive culture and environment.
- Excellent-Rated Preschool Program.
- High Preschool staff/child ratios (4 staff:20 children) with 2 rooms 41 children per day.
- Support from Preschool Manager/ Director.
- Support from administration staff.
- Above award salary and not-for profit salary packaging options ($15,900 + $2,649 + novated leasing) significantly increasing take home pay.
- Dedicated professional development days each year.
- EAP services including access to career support, manager assistance, mental health and counselling services, nutrition/ diet advice, financial counselling, legal assistance etc.
- ACECQA approved Certificate III qualification.
- Current ACECQA approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications.
- Current ACECQA approved Child Protection training.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an early childhood education setting.
- Understanding of current early education and care legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS.
- Ability to undertake the physical requirements of the role.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Demonstrated strengths-based and family centered approach in working with children and their families.
- Skilled at building and maintaining effective workplace relationships with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Sound computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including the documentation of children’s learning.
- WWCC clearance.
Child safety is top priority for us, and we are a child safe organisation. You will be asked to undergo a police check and show proof of a current Working with Children Check. We also have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy and require all staff to be fully vaccinated.
Learning Links was established in 1972 by parents concerned about the lack of appropriate support services to meet their children’s education and wellbeing needs. Since then we have partnered with thousands of children and families to help children reach their full potential. Our Client Services team include leading practitioners in their field and we provide multidisciplinary services across psychology, speech therapy, specialist and early education.
We value diversity and inclusion and the unique contribution that every one of our team make.
We can’t wait to hear from you. Please click on apply and add a cover letter and resume if you would like to make an application to join our team. For further information and a Position Description please visit the careers page of our website www.learninglinks.org.au.