Learning Links is a not-for-profit charity organisation with an almost 50-year history helping families and children with learning difficulties and disabilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and exceptional Early Childhood Educator (Certificate III Qualified) to join our Excellent-Rated Preschool Program at Peakhurst. We operate from 8am-4pm during school terms and provide a high-quality early childhood program catering for the individual needs of all children from 3 to 6 years and their families.
Join our professional team of caring and committed teachers, educators, child care workers and therapists. Enjoy using your skills with high staff: child ratios (4 staff:20 children). Our team works collaboratively; developing the program to support the meaningful inclusion of all children into the preschool.
There are currently a number of roles we are looking to fill. They are:
- Permanent Part Time - Certificate III Educator (22.8 hours per week)
- Fixed Term Part Time - Certificate III Educator (12 hours per week, with a potential to extend). This is for our Prep4Preschool Program.
- Casual – Certificate III Educator
The roles are due to commence in mid July 2021.
About the Early Childhood Educator:
- Develop strong relationships with children reflecting child focussed and strengths-based practice;
- Develop strong relationships that support and partner with families and the community;
- Implement best practice as per the Education and Care Services National Regulation and Law and the Early Years Learning Framework curriculum;
- Implement the policies and procedures of Learning Links; and
- Work with other staff towards continuous improvement in all aspects of the Preschool’s operations.
- ACECQA approved Certificate III qualification;
- Current ACECQA approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications;
- Current ACECQA approved Child Protection training;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an early childhood education setting;
- Understanding of current early education and care legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS;
- Ability to undertake the physical requirements of the role;
- Self-motivated and takes initiative;
- Demonstrated strengths-based and family centred approach in working with children and their families;
- Skilled at building and maintaining effective workplace relationships with strong written and oral communication skills;
- Sound computer skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including the documentation of children’s learning;
- WWCC clearance.
- Experience working with children with disabilities and additional needs in an early childhood setting;
- Understanding of augmentative communication systems including Key Word signing skills;
In return for your skills and experience, the successful applicant will:
- Have access to a not-for profit salary packaging option that can see your take home pay significantly increased.
- Have the added flexibility of stand down time during school holidays (refer to Enterprise Agreement for details).
- Work in a dynamic and growth-oriented team learning alongside our professional Teachers and Therapists.
- Access opportunities to participate in ongoing regular training and professional development.
- Participate in an induction program with supported orientation and transition into the role.
- Have access to the Employee Assistance Program.
Conditions are as per the Learning Links Enterprise Agreement.
To be considered for this position, written applications must include:
- Written response to the essential and desirable selection criteria – this is essential;
- Copy of your qualifications, WWCC and certifications;
- C.V. detailing your past employment and proven evidence based experience against the essential criteria;
- Two current professional referees.
Please click on APPLY NOW if you are interested in working as an Educator at Learning Links. The closing date for these roles is 8th July 2021.
For any general enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please visit www.learninglinkspreschool.org.au or contact Melissa Murphy (Manager Early Childhood) on (02) 8525 8230 or 0433 548 350.
Working with Children Check and Criminal Record Check apply to this position.
Thank you in advance for your application, please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.