Learning Links is a not-for-profit charity organisation with a 40-year history helping families and children with learning difficulties and disabilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and exceptional Educator (Diploma Qualified) to join our Excellent-Rated Preschool Program at Peakhurst. We operate from 8am-4pm during school terms and provide a high-quality early childhood program catering for the individual needs of all children from 3 to 6 years and their families.
Learning Links Preschool:
- Offers a community based inclusive preschool program – rated EXCELLENT by ACECQA in 2019
- Operates according to school terms providing a – great work/home balance
- Is looking to fill a permanent part time position.
Join our professional team of caring and committed teachers, educators and therapists. Enjoy using your skills with high staff: child ratios (4 staff:20 children). Our team works collaboratively; developing the program to support the meaningful inclusion of all children into the preschool.
This part time position is due to commence on the 27th of January 2022. The scheduled working days are Thursday and Friday, with opportunity to pick up additional shifts if required.
About the role:
- Develop strong relationships with children reflecting child focussed and strengths-based practice;
- Develop strong relationships that support and partner with families;
- Implement best practice as per the Education and Care Services National Regulation and Law and the Early Years Learning Framework curriculum;
- Implement the policies and procedures of Learning Links; and
- Work with other staff towards continuous improvement in all aspects of the Preschool’s operations.
- ACECQA approved Diploma qualification;
- Current ACECQA approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications;
- Current ACECQA approved Child Protection training;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an early childhood education setting;
- Understanding of current early education and care legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS;
- Ability to undertake the physical requirements of the role;
- Self-motivated and takes initiative;
- Demonstrated strengths-based and family centred approach in working with children and their families;
- Skilled at building and maintaining effective workplace relationships with strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong computer skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including the documentation of children’s learning;
- WWCC clearance.
- Learning Links is a COVID safe workplace, and all staff are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Experience working with children with additional needs in an early childhood setting;
- Understanding of augmentative communication systems including Key Word signing skills;
- Ability to fulfil the requirements of Responsible Person.
In return for your skills and experience, the successful applicant will:
- Have access to a not-for profit salary packaging option that can see your take home pay significantly increased.
- Have the added flexibility of paid non-term time during school holidays (refer to Enterprise Agreement for details).
- Work in a dynamic and growth-oriented team learning alongside our professional Teachers and Therapists.
- Access opportunities to participate in ongoing regular paid training and professional development.
- Participate in an induction program with supported orientation and transition into the role.
- Have access to the Employee Assistance Program.
Conditions are as per the Learning Links Enterprise Agreement.
To be considered for this position, written applications must include:
- Written response to the essential and desirable selection criteria – this is essential;
- Copy of your qualifications, WWCC and listed certifications;
- C.V. detailing your past employment and proven evidence based experience against the essential criteria;
- Two current professional referees.
Please click on Apply Now if you are interested in the role. Applications close on Monday 13th December, 2021.
For more information please visit www.learninglinkspreschool.org.au or contact Melissa Murphy (Manager Early Childhood) on (02) 8525 8230.
Working with Children Check and Criminal Record Check apply to this position.
Thank you in advance for your application, please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.