At Learning Links, we work together with thousands of families to help children reach their full potential. We are growing and looking for experienced Speech Pathology superstars to join the team part-time, or full-time based from our offices in Peakhurst and Liverpool. Roles to start in July 2021, or secure a position for January 2022!
Use your empathy and expertise to make a difference to the lives of children and families across Sydney. In this role day to day, you will be:
- Collaborating with a team of clinical supervisors, providing mentoring, supervision support and professional development to early career therapists, therapy aides and students.
- Leading assessments and interventions.
- Problem-solving and diagnosing difficulties for children with speech, language and communication needs.
- Connecting with children and local primary schools.
- Working with a wide range of children including those with learning difficulties and disabilities and their families and teachers.
- Documenting intervention goals, progress and outcomes through our online system (Salesforce).
We have invested in technology, as part of our digital transformation, so you can focus on the clients and staff that you support. You’ll also have administration support from our Intake and Customer Care teams who manage all bookings, enquiries and questions from our wonderful families.
- Hands down the most supportive and welcoming culture around.
- Access to an amazing brains trust of expert colleagues to bounce ideas and discuss best practise.
- Four plus dedicated internal professional development days per year; plus access to external opportunities to grow your expert skills
- Access to salary sacrifice up to $15,900 to reduce your pre-tax income.
- Variety at work with exposure to multiple disciplines and programs (e.g. psychology, education, early intervention, and teams running community programs etc.)
- Work in schools as well as clinical settings
- Systems and digital skills training to allow you to focus on clinical support.
- Insightful focus on leadership and working with all leaders to build their toolkit of skills.
- School holiday breaks (phew – recovery time!).
- Giving back to communities by helping kids from low socio-economic or disadvantaged background.
- Flexible work options galore (part time, various locations, telehealth consults etc.).
Our Speechie team at Learning Links are special. We work hard to get support children and families, but we also enjoy a few laughs at our team days and social events (eg. Friday night dinners; board game night). We set up our timetable and clients to maximise your expertise and to allow opportunities for you to work with sites, schools and staff nearest to you. Our team work permanent hours across the year, but school holiday periods are more flexible with more work from home, time to reflect and plan for the next term, and of course invest in professional development.
Your knowledge and qualifications
- Relevant qualification in Speech Pathology and minimum 4-5 years’ experience working in a paediatric setting
- Strong knowledge of evidence-based practice in the areas of paediatric assessment and intervention including speech, language and fluency disorders.
- Certified Practicing Member of Speech Pathology Australia
- Willingness to travel with a current driver’s license and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle.
Child safety is top priority for us, and we are a child safe organisation. You will be asked to undergo a police check and Working with Children Check.
Learning Links was established in 1972 by parents concerned about the lack of appropriate support services to meet their children’s education and wellbeing needs. Since then we have partnered with thousands of children and families to help children reach their full potential. Our Client Services team include leading practitioners in their field and we provide multidisciplinary services across psychology, speech therapy, specialist and early education.
We value diversity and inclusion and the unique contribution that every one of our team make.
Sounds like a good gig right?! We can’t wait to hear from you! Click on "Apply for this Job" via our e-recruitment portal. For further information and a Position Description please visit the careers page of our website www.learninglinks.org.au.