People and Culture Senior Advisor (part time)
We are looking for an amazing People and Culture Senior Advisor to join our team. Learning Links works with thousands of families each year to help children with learning difficulties and learning disabilities to reach their potential. We’re a not-for-profit, full-of-purpose organisation with a lot of heart. We have big plans for growth and need someone who can work at pace, build trust across the business, and deliver on our strategic plan. This role is so versatile and is a perfect step up for someone who has been in an advisory role for some time and keen to get into partnering, or a senior HR professional keen to scale back and work part time (e.g., three days a week).
This role is initially available as a 12-month fixed term contract for maternity leave.
In this role you will be:
- Partnering with our Learning Links team to deeply understand the business, our services, clients, and strategic needs
- Delivering on the People and Culture Team Plan and Learning Links’ Strategic Plan
- Providing IR advice on the EA, awards, and new legislative changes
- Leading and implementing short and long-term strategic projects
- Managing end-to-end recruitment
- Partnering with managers to find the best people for their teams and recruit staff within identified timeframes
- Providing coaching to the Learning Links team including insight and guidance on how to approach different people scenarios
- Contributing to the development of the learning and development plan and strategic goals
- Reviewing the remuneration strategy and making recommendations to support recruitment and retention
- Leading our Wellbeing, Health and Safety program with our dedicated committee.
The People and Culture Team is small and has an exciting opportunity to deliver some game-changing initiatives. Learning Links has invested in technology within its digital transformation project to enable us to be successful and efficient. We use My Recruitment Plus as our e-recruitment and onboarding platform, Culture Amp for performance and engagement, and Definitiv for payroll. Prior experience in these platforms or similar is preferred but not essential.
- Flexible work options to work from home one day a week or work from different sites (close to your home).
- Hands down the most supportive and welcoming culture around.
- Access to an amazing brains-trust of expert colleagues to bounce ideas and discuss best practice.
- Professional development opportunities across the year.
- Access to salary sacrifice up to $15,900 per annum to reduce your pre-tax income.
- Variety at work with exposure to multiple disciplines and programs (e.g., psychology, education, preschool, occupational therapy, and teams running community programs etc.).
- Systems and digital skills training to allow you to focus on getting wins on the board.
- Opportunities to coach and mentor across the business.
- Focus on your leadership development.
- Giving back to communities by helping children including those from a low socio-economic or disadvantaged background.
Our People and Culture team at Learning Links is special. We work hard to get results and enjoy a few laughs along the way. We’re a little bit food-obsessed and enjoy going out for a good coffee and catch-up.
We work across multiple locations to provide services where we are needed, however our main location of work is Alexandria.
Your knowledge and qualifications
- 5-8 years prior experience in Human Resources with at least 2-3 years working in a business advisory or partnering role
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships across the business with different stakeholders
- Awareness of the external environment, legislative changes, and opportunities to leverage (e.g., Learning and Development funding)
- Knowledge of awards and enterprise agreements beneficial but not essential
Learning Links has a mandatory vaccination policy and require all staff to be double vaccinated for COVID-19 to work with us. You will be asked to provide proof of vaccination as part of our recruitment and onboarding process.
Child safety is top priority for us, and we are a Child Safe organisation. As part of our commitment to this, you are required to undergo a Police Check and obtain a Working with Children Check.
Learning Links values diversity and inclusion and the unique contributions made by all members of our team. We have prioritised investment into developing and promoting cultural awareness and inclusion and have recently launched our Reconciliation Action Plan and plan to develop a sustainability strategy.
Learning Links was established in 1972 by parents concerned about the lack of appropriate support services to meet their children’s education and wellbeing needs. Since then we have partnered with thousands of children and families to help children reach their full potential. Our Education and Allied Health team includes leading practitioners in their field, and we provide multidisciplinary services across literacy and numeracy, psychology, speech therapy, occupational therapy, and early childhood education.
We know you will agree this looks like a great gig and can’t wait to hear from you. We are keen to interview in November and hire in November/ December or January 2022. Reach out to me (Alexandra Taylor, People and Culture Manager: 0415 656 800) if you have any questions or click on the link to apply now via our e-recruitment portal. For further information and a Position Description please visit the careers page of our website www.learninglinks.org.au.