Are you a creative, savvy and motivated all-round marketer or communications professional? A great opportunity has arisen to take on a 10-month part-time maternity cover contract in Learning Links’ Marketing and Advocacy team and support the organisation as it continues on a strong growth trajectory. This is a flexible part time role, approx. 28 hours per week, over 4-5 days.
Learning Links was established in 1972 by parents concerned about the lack of appropriate support services to meet their children’s education and wellbeing needs. Since then, we have partnered with thousands of children and families to help children reach their full potential. We are a dynamic organisation responding to the changing market environment to deliver evidence-based, high quality support services in literacy, numeracy, speech and occupational therapies, assessments, counselling, family support and professional development. We are driven by continuous improvement, strategic growth and building on our previous successes.
Join our passionate and collaborative team and work closely with the Head of Marketing and Advocacy and Digital Marketing and Communications Coordinator to execute the integrated marketing communication plan. You will use your sound experience in creating content for a variety of audiences and channels to promote our essential services to parents and professionals and communicate our story and mission in a meaningful way.
If you’re a marketing or communications professional looking to gain some valuable experience in a diverse and creative role that has a life-changing impact on children and families in need, then this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
What will you do?
The main responsibilities for the role include:
- Supporting the Head of Marketing and Advocacy to develop, manage and execute the integrated marketing plan.
- Line-management and mentoring of the Digital Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
- Implementing the communications strategy and public relations plan.
- Supporting the CEO, Head of Marketing and Advocacy and General Manager, Funding and Partnerships with the advocacy strategy.
- Managing public relations and media activities, including media monitoring, liaison with journalists, identifying opportunities to partner with bloggers and content writers and sourcing speaking opportunities.
- Overseeing and developing existing social media channels and exploring new channels.
- Overseeing the creation of print and digital content and marketing material, including promotional collateral, articles, email communications, infographics, digital assets, videos, presentations, media releases and internal communication.
- Supporting the ongoing development, maintenance, and optimisation of company websites, in partnership with the Head of Marketing and Advocacy – working with the external website agency, when required.
- Supporting the implementation of SEO, SEM and paid online marketing and fundraising campaigns.
- Building customer insights through website, social media and marketing analytics to generate leads, optimise budgets and drive improvement.
- Supporting the Fundraising team to implement the digital fundraising and funder acknowledgement strategies.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A degree in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations.
- At least 5 years’ experience in marketing, public relations and/or communications.
- Excellent planning and project management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Public Relations experience.
- Social Media, Web Content Management, Email Marketing experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong creative skills with proven design experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using Wordpress or similar CMS (desirable)
- Experience using Campaign Monitor or similar email platform (desirable)
- Experience using Salesforce (desirable)
The role will be based at our Alexandria Office but will require some travel to our other sites and funding partner locations, which are currently located across the greater Sydney area.
We are flexible!
We know work-life balance is important! That is why we offer flexibility with working hours to suit your needs, with work from home options.
- Learning Links, as a not for profit organisation, offers employees tax effective salary packaging;
- Work in a dynamic and growth-oriented not for profit environment;
- Professional development and mentoring opportunities;
- Employee Assistance Program;
Keen to apply?
- Please click on apply and upload a copy of your CV and cover letter
- For further information and a Position Description please visit the careers page of our website learninglinks.org.au or contact Sophie Mail, Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0403 977 904.
We are a child safe organisation. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a satisfactory police background check and a Working with Children Check.