Learning Links is looking for an exceptional Occupational Therapist who is highly motivated to make a real difference to the lives of children of all abilities. In this exciting and diverse role, you will develop your skills working as part of a transdisciplinary team in our Prep 4 Preschool early intervention program with the option of additional work if required in the clinic and school settings.
If you are looking for a rewarding role to work within a collaborative, values-based organisation that is committed to making a difference in the lives of children and the community, we would love to hear from you!
Learning Links has been helping families and children with learning difficulties for almost 50 years. We are a growing organisation responding to the changing market environment to deliver evidence based high-quality services in literacy, numeracy, speech and occupational therapies, assessments, counselling, inclusive preschool and early intervention playgroups.
Join a dynamic and growing charity and use your expert skills to make a difference in the lives of children with learning difficulties and disabilities.
In this role you will:
- Develop strong relationships with children and families, reflecting strengths-based and family centred practice.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of high quality, evidence-based therapeutic interventions to support the meaningful inclusion of all children in the program;
- Work collaboratively with staff towards continuous improvement in all aspects of Early learning program operations.
This position is due to commence in July 2021 for a 6-month parental leave contract – 3 days per week (4 hours a day minimum) on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (based at our Oatley and Rockdale sites) with potential for an extended contract and additional days and hours across our growing Early Intervention team and programs.
- Availability to work on the above days.
- Understanding and awareness of the guidelines and minimum requirements identified by Occupational Therapy Australia and AHPRA;
- Current knowledge of the issues experienced by children with disabilities and their families and an understanding of how these can be supported by appropriate occupational therapy interventions within a preschool program;
- Demonstrated motivation and initiative;
- Demonstrated commitment to flexible and responsive family centred practice;
- Demonstrated strengths-based approach in working with all children;
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills for a variety of audiences; and
- Current WWCC approval.
- Two years paediatric OT experience;
- Experience supporting children with additional needs in an early childhood setting;
- Understanding of augmentative communication systems including Key Word signing skills; and
- Experience working in a transdisciplinary team.
What we offer:
A competitive package based on your qualifications and experience. As a Charity you can take advantage of salary packaging where you can access up to $15,900 tax-free as part of your total remuneration package. Other benefits include:
- Ongoing professional development provided by experts in the field; and
- Workplace flexibility supporting work life balance;
- Access to assessment tools, toys, resources and a large database of electronic resources to help you deliver the best intervention
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Program.
How to apply for this role:
Please apply via the careers page on our website or send your application to email@example.com including:
- Cover Letter with a written response to the selection criteria;
- Copy of relevant qualifications; and
- Details of two current professional referees.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 16th July or visit the careers page of our website www.learninglinks.org.au.
For more information regarding the role and our programs, please contact Melissa Murphy, Manager Early Childhood on 0433 548 350 or visit the Learning Links website www.learninglinks.org.au.
Working with Children Check and Criminal Record Check apply to this position.
Thank you in advance for your application, please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.