At Learning Links, we work together with thousands of families to help children reach their full potential. Our Therapy program has doubled in size and with a long waitlist, we are looking to reignite our Occupational Therapy program and keen for OT's to join the team part-time, or full-time based from our Peakhurst office, and flexibly from home.
You will have the opportunity to be part of shaping the program at Learning Links, providing mentoring and leadership to other OT's as we build our early career pathways program. You will also have the opportunity to present workshops and webinars for parents and teachers as part of our innovative webinar stream.
You can make a difference to the lives of children and families across Sydney and make sure kids live a life unlimited by circumstance.
In this role day to day, you will:
- Conduct a variety of occupational therapy assessments and planning for evidence-based interventions
- Collaborate with and support school communities and/or early education and care settings through demonstrations, consultation and professional learning
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team of Psychologists, Educators and Speech Pathologists (transdisciplinary model in the preschool program)
- Provide great customer service and build positive customer relationships through effective communication
- Achieve individual and team KPIs to support Learning Links’ strategy for growth.
- Actively participate in regular supervision and professional development to support delivery of quality services
- Document intervention goals, progress and outcomes through our online system (Salesforce).
There is also the option to be part of our LL community and cross-collaborate, for example in the Professional Practice Committee, Reconciliation Action Plan working group, and Health, Safety and Wellbeing Committee.
We have invested in technology, as part of our digital transformation, so you can focus on the clients and staff that you support. You’ll also have administration support from our Intake and Customer Care teams who manage all bookings, enquiries and questions from our wonderful families.
- Hands down the most supportive and welcoming culture around.
- Access to an amazing brains trust of expert colleagues to bounce ideas and discuss best practise.
- 4-6 dedicated professional development days per year PLUS $500 to spend on PD of your choice, PLUS access to other external opportunities to grow your expert skills.
- Salary package $15,900 + $2,649 entertainment card + novated lease for a vehicle (most tax effective way to buy and run your car).
- Variety at work with exposure to multiple disciplines and programs (e.g. psychology, education, early intervention, and teams running community programs etc.).
- Work in schools as well as clinical settings.
- Systems and digital skills training to allow you to focus on clinical support.
- Investment in leadership development and team connection.
- School holiday breaks (phew – recovery time!).
- Giving back to communities by helping kids from low socio-economic or disadvantaged background.
- Flexible work options galore (part time, compressed work weeks, various locations, work from home, telehealth consults etc.).
Our Therapy team at Learning Links are special. We work hard to get support children and families, but we also enjoy a few laughs at our team days and social events (eg. Friday night dinners; board game night). We set up our timetable and clients to maximise your expertise and to allow opportunities for you to work with sites, schools and staff nearest to you. Our team work permanent hours across the year, but school holiday periods are more flexible with more work from home, time to reflect and plan for the next term, and of course invest in professional development.
We are building our OT program to model early career pathways we already have in our Speech, Education and Psychology programs and would like you to be part of that experience, adding your expertise and opinion.
Your knowledge and qualifications
- Relevant qualification in Occupational Therapy and minimum 4-5 years’ experience working in a paediatric setting.
- Strong knowledge of evidence-based practice in the areas of paediatric assessment and intervention including speech, language and fluency disorders.
- Certified Practicing Member of Ocuppational Therapy Australia.
- Willingness to travel with a current driver’s license and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle.
Child safety is top priority for us, and we are a child safe organisation. You will be asked to undergo a police check and Working with Children Check. We also have a mandatory vaccination policy in place (in accordance with public health orders) that requires you to be triple vaxxed.
Learning Links was established in 1972 by parents concerned about the lack of appropriate support services to meet their children’s education and wellbeing needs. Since then we have partnered with thousands of children and families to help children reach their full potential. Our Client Services team include leading practitioners in their field and we provide multidisciplinary services across psychology, speech therapy, specialist and early education.
We value diversity and inclusion and the unique contribution that every one of our team make.
We can’t wait to hear from you! Click on "Apply for this Job" via our e-recruitment portal. For further information and a Position Description please visit the careers page of our website www.learninglinks.org.au. If you have any questions, reach out to our People and Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org.