Are you looking for a full or part time (minimum 2 days a week) position commencing in April 2022 while you are working towards achieving your psychologist registration?
We have a number of opportunities available at various locations (South West Sydney, North West and Hills District, Southern Suburbs and Sutherland Shire) for candidates who have their provisional registration as a Psychologist through AHPRA under the 4+2 or 5+1 or transitional pathway.
Learning Links is the place for you to expand your psychological therapy, assessment and presentation skills and support children and families to thrive!
About Learning Links
Learning Links has been helping families and children with learning difficulties for 50 years. Our aim is to prevent learning difficulties from causing disadvantage. Our interventions include literacy, numeracy, speech and occupational therapies, assessments and psychological therapy.
About the role
We are seeking Provisional Psychologists to provide psychological therapy/ counselling, assessments, group programs or presentations/ training at either our Gledswood Hills, Bella Vista or Peakhurst offices or partner schools. The role will be commencing in April, 2022.
Why is Learning Links right for you:
- Large team of psychologists allows sharing of knowledge and expertise;
- Benefit from ongoing professional development and a supportive working environment
- We offer a comprehensive Psychologist registration program. Internal supervision, group supervision and professional development are provided as part of your employment (fees apply).
Essential skills, experience and qualifications for the position:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Psychology (4 year equivalent)
- You must have provisional registration as a Psychologist through AHPRA under 4+2, 5+1 or transitional pathway
- Experience developing, delivering and adapting intervention plans for children and young people or working towards
- Group facilitation skills for children, young people and or parents
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Experience building rapport and developing positive relationships with children and parents
- Competent in administering, interpreting and writing associated reports for cognitive (WISC, WPPSI) and academic (WIAT) assessments
- Working with children presenting with Autism
What we offer
Above award base rate plus super, plus salary packaging for $15,900 + $2,649 as well as the option to novate a vehicle (tax effective strategy for purchasing a new or used car). Salary packaging can increase your take home pay by between $4,000 - $5,500/ year giving you a gross salary equivalent to over $65,000/year (full time equivalent).
Other benefits you can access working with Learning Links include:
- Hands down the most supportive and welcoming culture around.
- Early career support including mentoring, weekly clinical supervision, group supervision, case conferences, and the opportunity to join an Evidence Based Practice Network.
- Flexible work options galore (part time, various locations, telehealth consults etc.).
- Access to an amazing brains trust of expert colleagues to bounce ideas and discuss best practise.
- Dedicated internal professional development days per year and free access to all webinars and courses run by Learning Links professionals.
- Access to salary sacrifice up to $15,900 + $2,649 to reduce your pre-tax income.
- Option to take up a novated lease for a vehicle (the most tax effective option for purchasing and running a new/used car).
- Variety at work with exposure to multiple disciplines and programs (e.g. psychology, education, early intervention, and teams running community programs etc.).
- Work in schools as well as clinical settings to expand your skillset.
- Systems and digital skills training to allow you to focus on clinical support.
- Career opportunities as you grow! We have opportunities to step up and deliver new programs
- Giving back to communities by helping kids from low socio-economic or disadvantaged background.
How to apply for this role:
Please click on the Apply for this Job link to make an application. For further information about Learning Links and a Position Description please click on the link https://careers.learninglinks.org.au/
Child safety is top priority for us, and we are a child safe organisation. You will be asked to undergo a police check and Working with Children Check. Learning Links also follows government advice regarding COVID-19 vaccination mandates and requires all staff to be fully vaccinated (two primary doses plus a booster) to ensure programs can continue to be delivered safely at our centres and schools.