Remuneration and Payroll Advisor (part time and flexible)
We are looking for a Remuneration and Payroll Advisor to join our team on a part time basis (3 days a week/ flexible work) as soon as possible. This is a critical role for Learning Links as we revaluate our remuneration strategy and positions ourselves for growth. We need someone who can work at pace, has exceptional attention to detail and assumes accountability for delivering payroll and remuneration solutions end to end.
At Learning Links, we work together with thousands of families to help children with learning difficulties or learning disabilities reach their full potential. We’re a not-for-profit, full-of-purpose organisation with a lot of heart.
This role is supporting approximately 220 employees and is initially a fixed term role as a maternity leave cover for 12 months.
In this role day to day, you will be:
- Preparing and processing fortnightly payroll
- Answering payroll and HR enquiries and providing advice to staff
- Using your expertise and experience to make recommendations (e.g., on managing award increases)
- Planning for and leading updates to be made to pay in accordance with legislative changes (e.g., increases in Superannuation, increases in award rates).
- Running and building reports
- Working hand in hand with the Definitiv and Payroll HQ team to identify opportunities to update and optimise our payroll platform
- Integrating information from My Recruitment Plus (our e-recruitment and onboarding system) into Definitiv
- Coordinating and maintaining compliance records in the payroll system
- Playing a key role in undertaking a review of our current remuneration strategy and aligning it with the recruitment and attraction strategy
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of the enterprise agreement and relevant awards
- Providing support for People and Culture projects
- Leading identified projects
- Helping the small People and Culture team (of three) to deliver our strategy
- Co-leading the Wellbeing, Health and Safety program
- Partnering with our salary sacrificing and other remuneration and benefits providers to help share options for our staff.
Learning Links has invested in technology, as part of our digital transformation, to enable our team to be successful and efficient. We use Definitiv as our payroll system and have engaged Payroll HQ to assist us in processing pays. Prior experience with Definitiv is preferred but not essential.
- Flexible work options to work from home one day a week or work from different sites (close to your home).
- Hands down the most supportive and welcoming culture around.
- Access to an amazing brains-trust of expert colleagues to bounce ideas and discuss best practice.
- Professional development opportunities across the year.
- Access to salary sacrifice up to $15,900 per annum to reduce your pre-tax income.
- Variety at work with exposure to multiple disciplines and programs (e.g., psychology, education, preschool, occupational therapy, and teams running community programs etc.).
- Systems and digital skills training to allow you to focus on getting wins on the board.
- Opportunities to provide expert advice and guidance across the business.
- Giving back to communities by helping children including those from low socio-economic or disadvantaged backgrounds.
Our People and Culture team at Learning Links is special. We work hard to get results, and also enjoy a few laughs along the way. We’re a little bit food-obsessed and enjoy going out for a good coffee and catch-up.
We work across multiple locations to provide services where we are needed, however our main location of work is Alexandria. This role sits in our People and Culture team and works closely with our Finance and IT team.
Your knowledge and qualifications
- 5+ years prior experience in processing payroll
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent customer service with the ability to build relationships across the business with different stakeholders
- Awareness of the external environment and upcoming legislative changes
- Knowledge of awards and enterprise agreements
- Strong computer skills and a proficiency with MS applications (especially Excel and Word)
Learning Links has a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, and you are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to work with us.
Child safety is top priority for us, and we are a Child Safe organisation. You will be asked required to undergo a Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Learning Links values diversity and inclusion and the unique contributions made by all members of our team. We have prioritised investment into developing and promoting cultural awareness and inclusion and have recently launched our Reconciliation Action Plan and plan to develop a sustainability strategy.
Learning Links was established in 1972 by parents concerned about the lack of appropriate support services to meet their children’s education and wellbeing needs. Since then we have partnered with thousands of children and families to help children reach their full potential. Our Education and Allied Health team includes leading practitioners in their field, and we provide multidisciplinary services across literacy and numeracy, psychology, speech therapy, occupational therapy, specialist and early childhood education.
We know you will agree this looks like a great gig and can’t wait to hear from you. We are keen to interview in November and hire in November/ December or January 2022. Reach out to me (Alexandra Taylor, People and Culture Manager: 0415 656 800) if you have any questions or click on the link to apply now via our e-recruitment portal. For further information and a Position Description please visit the careers page of our website www.learninglinks.org.au.