Are you in your final, or second last year of your Speech Pathology degree, looking to get some real-world, paid experience working with children? Join a progressive and growing charity and use your expert skills to make a genuine difference to the lives of children with learning difficulties and disabilities.
About Learning Links
Learning Links has provided tailored support for children experiencing learning difficulties for almost 50 years. Our approach is evidence-informed, engaging and results-focused. We collaborate with schools, early childhood settings and parents to intervene early with multidisciplinary services across psychology, speech therapy, occupational therapy, specialist and early education. Our Client Services team include leading practitioners in their field.
About the role
We’re currently seeking applications from qualified Speech Pathologists and casual Speech Therapy Aides (in third or fourth year in your degree) to join the Learning Links team in 2022/2023. We are located across several locations in Sydney although have a focus on recruiting for our sites in Peakhurst and Gledswood Hills.
As a Speech Pathologist, you will conduct assessments and interventions for children with speech, language, and communication difficulties in our clinics and in whole school programs. You’ll work with a passionate team of speechies and have access to a comprehensive program of clinical support including individual and group supervision, internal professional development, and opportunities for external training and development. You’ll have the benefit of learning from other professionals in our Client Services team such as education specialists, psychologists, and early educators.
As a Speech Therapy Aide, you will be working with children and families, under the guidance of an experienced Speech Pathologist, providing intervention for children with speech, language and communication needs. You will have opportunities to work in primary schools providing assessment and intervention to school-aged children, and/or in our clinic with families using their NDIS funding to access intervention services. There will be opportunities in the future for contracted part-time work, as well as opportunities to join our team as a qualified speech pathologist when you graduate!
You will help to empower children, find their unique talents, foster individual strengths, ignite a passion for learning and give them the opportunity to fulfill their true potential.
- Willingness to travel to the relevant site or school, with a current driver’s license and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle.
- A passion for working with children and families, to help our clients reach their full potential
- Working with Children Check
- Ability to undertake a National Police Check (we will assist in this process)
- Learning Links is a Covid safe workplace and all staff are required to be fully vaccinated (two doses plus a booster).
- For Therapy Aides: ability to work independently within a provided management plan from a supervising Speech Pathologist
- For Speech Pathologists: qualifying degree (only transcript needed) and membership of Speech Pathology Australia
Why is Learning Links right for you?
- Large team of therapists, psychologists and teachers allows sharing of knowledge and expertise
- Guidance from a supervising Speech Pathologist so you can learn the process of goal setting for children and families to improve communication skills.
- Paid employment in Speech Pathology which fits around your university schedule
- Term based schedule so you have the school holidays to take a break
- Access to free professional development provided by experts in the field
How to apply for this role:
Please click on Apply Now if you are interested in this role.
For further information about our organisation and to view a Position Description, please visit https://careers.learninglinks.org.au/
For any general enquiries, please email email@example.com