Are you a final year Speech Pathology student looking to get some real-world, paid experience working with children? Join a progressive and growing charity and use your expert skills to make a genuine difference to the lives of children with learning difficulties and disabilities.
About Learning Links
Learning Links has provided tailored support for children experiencing learning difficulties for almost 50 years. Our approach is evidence-informed, engaging and results-focused. We collaborate with schools, early childhood settings and parents to intervene early with multidisciplinary services across psychology, speech therapy, occupational therapy, specialist and early education. Our Client Services team include leading practitioners in their field.
Learning Links continues to grow, and new roles continue to develop and evolve. This opportunity may lead to a permanent position for you in the Learning Links team as a qualified Speech Pathologist!
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for multiple Speech Therapy Aides to join the Learning Links team. This role will see you working with children and families, under the guidance of an experienced Speech Pathologist, providing intervention for children with speech, language and communication needs. You will work with families using their NDIS funding to access intervention services.
We’re currently looking for the following positions:
- 2 Speech Therapy Aides: 1 day a week 1pm-6pm at our Peakhurst office.
Our Peakhurst centre is well-established in the local community as centre supporting children with learning difficulties and disabilities. You’ll be working alongside a dedicated team of professional and support staff in a busy clinic.
- 2 Speech Therapy Aides: 1 day a week 1pm-6pm at our Gledswood Hills office (Camden region).
Just a quick hop down the M5, our newest office is located in SOMA wellness centre with many amazing health and wellness services (and great coffee!) right nearby. This is a rapidly growing area with many families needing support from our dedicated professionals.
- Therapy Aides to provide whole school Speech Pathology services (9am-4pm) in the Liverpool and Bella Vista areas
With guidance, you’ll have the chance to work in an education setting providing assessment and intervention to school-aged children.
Positions are fixed-term (school terms only) for 6 months (Terms 3 and 4, 2021) with the potential for future employment in our Client Services team as a qualified Speechie. You will help to empower children, find their unique talents, foster individual strengths, ignite a passion for learning and give them the opportunity to fulfil their true potential.
- Willingness to travel to the relevant site (Peakhurst or Gledswood Hills clinic, or schools) with a current driver’s license and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle.
- A passion for working with children and families, to help our clients reach their full potential
- Ability to work independently within a provided management plan from a supervising Speech Pathologist
- Working with Children Check
- Ability to undertake a National Police Check (we will assist in this process)
Why is Learning Links right for you?
- Large team of therapists, psychologists and teachers allows sharing of knowledge and expertise
- Guidance and joint sessions with a supervising Speech Pathologist so you can learn the process of goal setting for children and families to improve communication skills.
- Paid employment in Speech Pathology which fits around your university schedule
- Term based schedule so you have the school holidays to take a break
- This opportunity could lead to permanent employment on our Speech Pathology team in 2022
How to apply for this role:
Please click on Apply Now if you are interested in this role.
For further information about our organisation and to view a Position Description, please visit https://careers.learninglinks.org.au/
For any general enquiries, please email email@example.com